Apartments in Miami Beach
Moving into one of our apartments in Miami Beach is a decision based on more than just the amenity-rich community and unique studio, one, or even two bedroom layouts! It is about our location and the fantastic events located just moments from our community. Check out these wonderful (and cost-friendly) activities you can participate in if you want to step away from our beautiful community for an afternoon:
- Beaches! Miami is known for the weather and lucky for us, the weather is always free! If you prefer to enjoy winter without a coat or even a jacket, North Bay Village near Miami is the perfect place for you since the temperature usually stays in the high 70s!
- Art & Museum Options: The Miami and North Bay Village area is full of art and museum options. Several museums are free all the time such as Bay of Pigs Museum, The Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, and The MDC Museum & Galleries of Art + Design while other museums offer free days throughout the week or month.
If you enjoy learning about trains and their function, be sure to check out the Gold Coast Railroad Museum on the first Saturday of the month (except the first Saturday in March because they host their annual A Day with Thomas event perfect for kids of all ages). Every Saturday is free at the Jewish Museum of Florida and various days at the Miami Children’s Museum, Lowe Art Museum, and HistoryMiami. Your options for low-cost fun are limitless!
- A Variety of Fitness Opportunities: Miami-Dade County Parks and Recreation team up with Coca-Cola Troops for Fitness Program to offer free boot camp classes across six parks during the summer. Each of these events is taught by a veteran Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, or National Guard. The days throughout the week and time blocks (usually 2-3 hours per session) vary. Check out their schedule here.
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday there is a free yoga session at Bayfront Park in Downtown Miami and at Kennedy Park Saturday mornings and Wednesday evening plus Saturday evening at Margaret Pace Park. Clearly there are a lot of options in the Miami area to find your zen and relax your soul throughout the week.
- Free Events: From music festivals to Art Deco weekend in January, Miami Beach offers residents of the area a variety of events that don’t come with a high price-tag. Come out to the fireworks celebration on Miami Beach on the 4th of July! There will be live music and an incredible view of the best fireworks in town. Stake out a spot in the sand early in the day and enjoy the beautiful weather and the ocean while you wait for the event to start (usually begins in the late afternoon).
There are many free kid-friendly activities to participate in during the summer too; such as:
- Miami Children’s Museum- Soon this museum will be home to Dino Island! Take your kids on an adventure to robotic dinosaurs (even play in a nest with Mamasaurus’s babies!) and learn about ancestry, adaptation, extinction, evolution, and other interesting scientific facts about dinos! In addition to the dinos, there are many other exhibits your kiddos will love like the bank, cruise ship, music makers studio, pet central, and even a safety zone!
- HistoryMiami- This museum offers free family fun days on the second Saturday of each month starting at 10am-5pm. Come out and learn, participate in activities, and experience the history of Miami, our unique story, with the whole family.
Also, the Miami-Dade Public Library offers free passes to some of Miami’s best culture, entertainment, and art attractions. These passes allow up to 4 people to attend the Deering Estate at Cutler, HistoryMiami, Miami Art Museum, Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, and Fruit & Spice Park. All you have to have is a library card and you can enjoy this offer all summer long.
If you would rather enjoy your apartment home in Miami Beach, you have a variety of amenities and community features just steps away from your front door. Take the kids for a swim or lounge out by the pool and soak up the sun.